Time: 10am – 6pm (lunch provided) - 1 day
Foundation Gelato Making Course Objective & Outline:
This foundation gelato making course hosted by The Coffee Scent is an introductory course designed for beginners to understand the concept of Ice-cream and Gelato. Understanding the basis of what’s in a Gelato recipe and the making of Gelato.
This course allows participants to gain basic knowledge to start a Gelato business from existing recipes.
- The Origins of Ice Cream
- Knowledge of difference between artisan ice cream and industrial ice cream
- Types of frozen dessert
- Introduction to raw ingredients
- What is Anti-Freezing power/melting power in Gelato terms
- Understanding of Gelato production cycle
- Gelato machines & complementary equipment
- Ingredients & mixing tools preparation
- Hands-on (Fruits Sorbet, White Base Gelato, Yogurt Gelato)
- Gelato machine operation